Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Burger No Better Than...


BETTER BURGER NYC


When I first discovered this place a few years ago, I was working in the garment district and was pysched that one could actually get a 'healthy' all-beef burger and not feel oh-so-guilty about it afterwards.

Not only do they treat the cows nicely at Better Burger, but they're committed to treating your body nicely, too, by offering organic ketchups and mustards, whole-wheat buns and air-baked fries.

Now, let's be frank about something here: you're not getting an extra-crispy fry.
Especially if you're getting your order delivered. But you can't have your cake and eat it too! Healthy fries are still fries...actually, I guess they're not in this case since they're not fried per se, but you see what I'm getting at.

In my humble burger opinion, it's better to go Better if you're hungry for a healthy burger and pay a little bit more. And not feel so guilty about your lunch!

1 comment:

LaButtons said...

I love the idea of better burger, but they NEVER have the tuna burger. I don't eat beef, but I love the idea of yellow fin tuna ground up into a patty (way to get your omega 3!) and the counter help always apologize that it's not available today. I called them out on it in a bit of a fit and accused them of not really having it as a menu item at all, and then I stormed out.