Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Burger in the Big Easy, Part Deux


While I did not get to Port O Call, unfortunately, I did have a pretty kickin' burger at the Hilton's Bar and Grill, located right in the lobby of my hotel. It was grilled much like a Burger King burger is grilled (or flame-broiled as they like to say) and was thick and flavorful. It came with a beautiful heap of crispy fries and a really cool condiment tray that was pre-filled with French's mustard (not my favorite, but ok) and mayo. The third little hole was empty for your ketchup which they had on the table (Heinz, my favorite).

This burger is just what I needed as I ended my foodie conference that was resplendant with gorgeous meals like sweet potato paparadelle, lemonfish with brown butter and capers, beautiful cheeses from Wisconsin, chocolate turtle pie, and the most exquisite raw seafood display at our Bourbon House dinner.

While I was fortunate to experience such fine cuisine, sometimes one can't help to desire some of the more basic, grounding food groups like burgers, macaroni and cheese, Chinese food and Mexican. It makes for a well-rounded palette I suppose, and even more important, a grounded, well-rounded person.

Until next time....

No comments: